Areas of Expertise:
- Investment Allocation
- Gen X issues, home ownership, children, building the investment portfolio
- Crisis Planning
There is so much to know in the field of financial planning, which is why I work with other planners to bring my experience and their fresh perspective to every case.
Education & Certifications:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™CFP®,
- Iowa State University, B. L.S.
- Financial Coach at Fiscal Fitness Clubs of America
- Registered Representative at Retirement & Estate Advisors
- IAR at REA Capital Management, LLC
- AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer, Saguache County Credit Union
- Other jobs including Family Organizational Officer, community builder, bank teller, and UPS package handler!
Leadership and Memberships:
- Member, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Member, XYPN Network
A great planning tip:
Before starting to budget, have a good idea what your current expenses are and decide from there how much you want to spend in each category.
Why I love what I do:
Money is the great taboo in our society and I love helping people verbalize their desires and then coming up with a strategy to turn dreams into reality.
What brings me joy outside of work:
Singing once a week (or more) with my a’capella group Choice City Singers! Watching my boys grow up. Traveling with my husband, even if it’s to the local KOA for a break.