Is Getting Organized one of Your Goals for this Year?Fiscal Fitness Clubs of America
Is this your to do file? Out of sight, out of mind?
One of the top resolutions seems to be “getting organized” and that generally includes paperwork!
Our January focus for Club Members is Paperwork Management. Each month we focus on a different “financial” task by breaking down all that financial life stuff, so it becomes easier to do. Later in the year, we’ll be reviewing taxes, investments, legal and estate documents, insurance and a bunch of other stuff. Our goal is that by the end of this year you’ll be much more organized and have less on your to-do list! But, for now, let’s focus on paperwork management.
The GOAL: Create and follow a paperwork management system.
The BENEFITS: Save time and frustration, have the right documents at the right time, and be prepared for a crisis with critical information.
- Watch the funny clip from the Middle on what happens without organization. This will get you in the mood to get organized!
- Watch the serious TED Talk about the benefits of pre-planning organization for when we are under stress, which will highlight the benefits of your Fiscal Fitness Family Cloud folder system.
- Attend a live class, participate in the club webinar, or listen to the recorded class on the paperwork management system. Look out for a club notice for your live class. For spouses or if you can’t attend, register for the webinar scheduled for Saturday, January 16th at 10:00 m. MOUNTAIN TIME or watch the recorded version by logging onto the website. Send us an email to say you want to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather the supplies you will need and clear a location for your file system. (See suggested supplies at end of email.)
- Set aside a 2 hour block of time early in the month, 5 minutes for incoming mail management daily, and 30 minutes a weekend for the month of January. Remember, you can email us with any questions about what to file, where or how to solve paperwork management problems at any time, and we will get back to you quickly!
- Make it a habit by setting aside 15 – 30 minutes a week to address your paperwork.
We’re going to make this easy….but, to help us, send us or save your pictures of messy files or boxes you are now using to file stuff! We can then share before and after pictures! Send them here email@example.com.
We will cover the supplies you’ll need during our class, but, if you want to get prepared, here’s the list.
- Desk/counter space
- Recycle canister/bag
- Pen, Highlighter, Black Magic Marker
- Letter opener
- File folders and file holders (4 different colors work best (To Do-Green, Monthly – Yellow, Yearly – Blue, Permanent – Red)
- Labels (you can download the list of labels – color coded even!)
- 2 tier organizer (upright or flat doesn’t matter)
- Convenient file drawer(s)
- Your log in for our secure cloud Fiscal Fitness Family Files (for club members)
The Fiscal Fitness Clubs Team
P.S. This week starts our January Class on Paperwork Management. This class will get you ready for the New Year and tax season too! If you’d like to join our club, call us today at 720-507-8535 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also set up a complimentary session to see if we are a good fit by scheduling your session here.